Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Corrections to the Post Star Article

I noticed two sentences in the Post Star article http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/12/16/news/local/14134320.txtfrom todays date that I must correct.

The three Marines killed were not part of a "battalion" they were assigned to the 1st Marine Division Band.

Second mistake we were not there to "guard the band" we were there to help them provide security.

And I did not "retire" after two years, they botched that up also. Thanks to Anonymous for pointing that out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you retire after only two years of service?

Anonymous said...

I didn't, the Post Star wrote that, they botched a few things.

Ron said...

That's what I thought.

I was drafted in '66 and spent 22 months as an MP at Ft Rucker, AL.

Thanks for your service.